I only went and somehow locked my neck a couple of weeks ago! Ekk! Did it hurt? Yes. Yes it really did. I used to poop-poop Mr Button if he ever complained of aches and pains, but let’s just say… now I know! #Sorry.
I’ve had quite a bit of a writing break as a result, but it’s still been all go behind the scenes.
Little List of Sunshine #2
This little list of sunshine is pretty late so it’s going to include the last few weeks.
What we have been doing
1. Stuffing our faces at Tinsel Town restaurant, London. I have been wanting to check out this fab American dinner for ages. But you know what it’s like when something is on your doorstep. It’s typically the last thing that gets ticked off your list! I am so glad we went because it was brilliant. The food was plentiful and the atmosphere was buzzy, perfect for a grown-up 4 year olds ‘night out’.
2. Heart shaped sandwiches. Little Buttons playgroup put on so many lovely end of term events, we are quite spoilt by their efforts. This term was no different with an Easter fayre and bring and share lunch get-together. For some bizarre reason I thought it would be a great idea to make mini heart and star shaped jam, cheese and ham sandwiches. #NotAGreatIdea. It took hours! But they did go down a treat so the effort was worth it in the end.
3. Beach faces. We had our first trip to the beach this year over the Bank Holiday weekend and like always, as soon as our noses smelt the salt air, it was like being home. Little Button is sure it’s because we are destined to be mermaids, but there’s a pull at the beach which keeps us coming back every chance we get.
4. Learning to drive again. My refresher driving lessons are well under way now. It’s so embarrassing to admit I passed my driving test (easy peasey!) some years ago, and then just didn’t drive, lost all confidence and didn’t want to step foot in the driving seat again. It’s all change now and I can’t recommend my driving instructor Dean from Batch Driving enough if you are based in North London. There’s something extra reassuring about having a fellow parent as a driving instructor, and Dean has been boosting my confidence and helping me to confront all the little driving worries I have.
What we have been watching
5. Little Button has been watching Trolls and Moana on iTunes. She’s mad about the soundtracks and when she’s not talking, she’s singing movie mash ups! I don’t know how we lived without iTunes now we have it hooked up everywhere in the house.
6. I have been watching Riverdale on Netflix. I LOVE this original series and can often be found sneaking off to the kitchen to ‘cook’ with my iPad tucked under my arm on a Friday, in attempt to watch the latest episode undercover.
7. My latest BritMums Happiness Round-up has gone live and features some brilliant blogging talents from across the land. I still can’t quite believe that I am a BritMums round-up editor. Someone pinch me, because this was something I could only have dreamt of doing. Yet, somehow, here I am.
8. I have been working with Author Gary Sheppard and Maverick Publishing house on a book review, interview and giveaway for Gary’s debut children’s book ‘As Nice As Pie’. Apart from this book being an absolute gem, hands down, Gary and Maverick are up there with the loveliest people I have worked with. Ever. Thank you Gary and Maverick.
9. Something new for the #DreamTeam is on its way. Bridget, Dawn and I have been cooking up a plan for something a little bit special for the #DreamTeam bloggers. We still have a bit to go with getting everything ready, but very soon all will be revealed.
10. What a treat to review a brand new beach hut! There will always be a special place in the Buttons hearts for Millie’s Beach Huts. And so we were delighted to be invited by Vicky to review Sunnysands, one of her new additions at Walton-On-The-Naze in Essex. Review coming soon!
11. Finally, a huge shout out to my pal Jo from Mind The Mummy for her and her partners invaluable advice over this last week. It’s amazing how supportive the blogging community is, and I feel so lucky to have met so many lovely people.
What have your highlights been this week?