Happy Friday everyone! As the week is winding down and we are heading into the weekend, I’m so pleased to be introducing you to Carly from Mom Of Two Little Girls.
We love Carly! She’s an up and coming blogger with some really exciting and gritty posts under her belt already. And… you have probably seen her before as one of our recent fab guest hosts over on the #DreamTeam.
Inspire Me Mom Of Two Little Girls
Quick fire questions are so much fun but can also tell us so much about how someone thinks. Let’s see how Carly got on.
- Tea or Coffee? Coffee!!! Always – unless I’m pregnant, but that won’t happen again! lol
- Cake or Biscuits? Biscuits!
- Cats or Dogs? Cats.
- Lefty or Righty? Righty.
- Early bird or Night owl? Night owl most definitely!
- Facebook or Twitter? Facebook.
- Blogger, Vlogger or both? Blogger.
- Beach Hut or Log Cabin? Log Cabin.
- Unicorns of Mermaids? Mermaids.
1. How long have you been blogging for and what inspired you to give it a go?
I’ve been blogging for about 20 months. I used to write long rambling Facebook posts. One day my sister called me up to suggest that I start a blog. So I did. I didn’t even know what a blog really was before then and I had no idea what on earth I was doing.
2. Think back to when you first started blogging, what if anything has changed the most?
I used to just write. Now I write with a purpose and a target audience in mind. I have also learnt a huge amount since then. Not just with regards to the technical side of blogging, but my writing style has developed and improved.
3. Are you a pen and paper or straight to the screen type of writer?
Straight to screen.
4. Where and when do you do most of your writing?
I mostly write whilst my girls are at school in the mornings. My afternoons and evenings are taken up by them, and then at night I’m too tired and not focussed enough to actually write.
5. How often do you write and what type of things inspire your blog posts?
I write at least twice a week, sometimes more though. It depends. I’m mostly inspired by the real life struggles that parents face. I don’t actually write too much about my kids, I write about my journey as a mother.
6. Have you ever had a major case of writers block, if so, how did you overcome it?
I often get writers block when I am extremely and emotionally stressed. The stresses and concerns I have always block my creativity.
7. Complete one or both of the following sentences. A) Bloggers rock because… B) I am a super blogger because…
A) Bloggers rock because… they have the ability to get their thoughts and feelings out there and they will always find an audience that they resonate with.
B) I am a super blogger because… I’m not there yet, but I love it.
8. Name 3 bloggers who inspire you?
Zoe from Tale of Mummyhood. Charlene from High Heels & Fairy Tales, and Aleena from Mummy Mama Mum.
9. What is the best piece of blogging advice that you have been given?
Quality vs quantity.
10. Share your own top blogging tip, advice or quote.
Be concerned more about the quality of your content than getting posts out, but even the best written posts will never be read by anyone if you don’t learn how to get your stuff out there.
JUST FOR FUN, THIS IS ME!
INSPIRE ME GUEST SERIES
The Inspire Me guest series is back! It will be featuring some of my favourite bloggers. From the queen bee’s themselves, to the much newer bloggers on the scene. All have that elusive something that you can’t quite put your finger on that makes them stand out from the crowd! Here are some of my favourite interviews… enjoy!
An interview with Latoya from Pure Nourish
An interview with Vicky from Millie’s Beach Huts
An interview with Heather from Shank You Very Much