1. There is a lunch, but no drink.
2. There is a drink carton, but no straw.
3. There is a yoghurt, but no spoon.
4. There is a pasta salad, but no fork.
5. There are snacks, but no sandwich (thumbs up from the littles quite possibly, but not from the teachers).
6. There is a sandwich and a drink… but nothing else.
7. There is a *whispers –full sized chocolate bar!!!
8. There is a drink, an apple and a banana (wtf!?)
9. There are whole grapes, and these are gleefully rolling around the lunchbox.
10. There is fruit cut and Tupperwared away, but the sandwich is now flat as a pancake and wedged into a thin gap between Tupperware and drink. Nice.
11. There is hot soup in a flask. It’s summer.
12. There is hot soup in a flask. It’s summer. And there’s no spoon.
13. The cooler lunchbox is half filled with an (unnecessary) ice pack, whilst the other half contains a hugely scaled down lunch – they will be hungry!
14. There is a full lunch, hooray, but no napkins.
15. There is enough lunch to feed the whole class.
16. There is enough lunch to feed a mouse.
17. The lunchbox has been squished inside a rucksack, to make it easier (and heavier?!?) for them to carry around all day.
*If in doubt, always get the alpha parent to double check school lunchboxes before sending unsuspecting offspring off to school with them.
** I see you laughing there Alpha parent…but don’t forget, even the most organised of us can get it wrong sometimes.
Have you had any school lunchbox disasters?