It’s seriously hot, hot, hot today! If you live and/or work in London like us, then believe me, I know what you mean when you say ‘it’s burning hot’. Like almost literally, on fire!!
The whole county has been blasted by the hot weather, so it’s tricky to make a great escape to cooler lands. But here are a few last second ways to keep cool today.
1. It goes without saying – stay hydrated at all costs.
2. Open your windows but keep the curtains or blinds partially closed.
3. Shade is your friend! But don’t forget to stay sun safe and slap on that sun cream!
4. Go stock up on ice lollies from Iceland’s the freezer shop. A slow walk around the freezers should take the edge off the heat for a little bit.
5. If you’ve got a newish car with a fancy new air con system – now is the time to try it out.
6. If you’re able to, head away from the big cities (like London) and on towards the coast to catch the breeze and slightly cooler temperatures.
7. And if that’s not possible, todays a great day to go future car shopping! A lot of the big named car showrooms have the best air con ever!! *As we found out when we went to buy our Peugeot.
8. Oh! And don’t forget the pets. Never leave them unattended in a car. Make sure they have plenty of fresh air, water and shade. Ditch your usual walk and avoid ouchy burnt paws!!
There are some great cooling mats out there to make your pet feel more comfortable in the heat.
Good luck and remember to always stay sun safe!