Its International Happiness Day today and I can’t think of a more perfect time than now to get going with my new weekly little list of sunshine. I have been inspired by Emily from My Petit Canard for some time now with her weekly gratitude list. I love how finding even the smallest of things to feel grateful about can really turn your week around, especially when things don’t seem to be going to plan.
The Little List of Sunshine is a place where I am going to record the highlights of our week, big and small. Apart from being a fab gratitude type of list, I really want to be able to use the space to record some of the Buttons blogging achievements and adventures. There have been a few over the year that have zoomed passed us, and I really wish I had taken the time to do a little celebration dance and mark the occasion, because these were the building blocks behind how we got to today.
1. My first time out about on the London underground with Little Button. It doesn’t seem like much does it, but Little Button had a huge fear of the escalators. The bigger, the worse her reaction has been but we have finally cracked it. This weekend we had a great time out and about on the tube with only a tiny wobble at Green Park station. #Win
2. A whizz around the Natural History Museum. It was an old haunt of mine that I loved as a child, and it looks like Little Button is quickly following suit. We all had a smashing time in the dinosaur exhibit and T-Rex set our hearts racing.
3. Getting back behind the wheel. Last week I took the plunge and booked myself in for some refresher driving lessons, because I did the silliest thing of passing my test and then not driving. Ever. It’s going to be a slow journey to build my confidence back up, but I am determined to do it.
4. Little Button has been watching My Little Pony on Netflix this week. I don’t’ know where she gets her love of My Little Pony *coughs – I’m sure I have nothing to do with this, honest. We love Netflix for stock piling in millions of episodes which can be accessed at the touch of a button.
5. I have been watching Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. As soon as I heard that little tinkle of Harry Potter music I was sucked right in! It was brilliant!
6. The first ever BritMums Happiness Round-up has gone live. I can’t stop looking at it (that spike in the BritMums stats was probably just me!). I also can’t begin to describe how amazing it feels to be a BritMums round-up editor. #Yay
7. I wrote a blog post with my bestie! It’s the first time we have joined forces so I have been really excited to see this one go live. It’s all about musicals. Jazz hands at the ready.
What were your sunshine moments from last week?