It seems like just yesterday that EVERYONE around me was chattering about Love Island. ‘Eh?’ was my reply, having never seen it before. It just didn’t make sense to me.
But then this year I watched the opening show.
Just to see what it was all about.
Before I knew it, I was completely hooked!! Seriously. Hooked! It’s become my secret – not so secret now – guilty pleasure to watch in my PJ’s with a cup of tea and a sneaky biscuit. Just don’t tell anyone else! Ok?
Whether you’re a Love Island newbie or series binge watcher – you know your hooked on Love Island when all you can think of in the evenings is
Here are a few more to tickle you.
1. You start to realise that ‘pie’ and ‘cracking on’ are more than just baking terms.
2. A week in and you actually understand quite a lot of this new strange language.
3. 2 weeks in and you totally get it all now. ‘Your head turned’ you proudly yell at your teen as they walk past their school hottie. ‘Are you going to crack on?’ *Mortified silence from teen.
4. You spot a parent in the local playground with the official Love Island water bottle. You do a double take. ‘Where did you get that merch??’ – you want to shout from the other end of the swings. But afraid to blow your secret – not so secret now – Love Island watching habit – you decide not to say a word. Instead you frantically google ‘Love Island merch’ from under the school bags because you can never have enough water bottles with your name on them… right?!
5. You come to learn that ‘mugging off’ doesn’t always mean being ambushed in the street and having your bag snatched from under your nose.
6. You love Sunday nights!
7. And… come to think of it, Monday’s aren’t that bad either now! Woohoo!!
8. You now excel at using the term ‘you better get grafting’ in context. And… it actually works!
9. The under boob and naked bum hot-to-trot look no longer shocks you into falling off your chair.
— Love Island (@LoveIsland) 7 July 2019
10. You secretly wonder, just for the tiniest second, if you would have been able to pull off the barely there bikini look when you were in your twenties!?!
11. Then it suddenly dawns on you that your precious child might one day want to go out bare-cheeked on the beach. *You swear that they will only be allowed to wear a swimdress (with extra long skirts) until their 30th birthday.
12. You cried when Molly-Mae and Tommy were reunited after Casa Amore.
13. You cried when Amber returned after Casa Amore to find Michael stood there, coupled up with another girl!?!?!?!
— Love Island (@LoveIsland) 2 July 2019
14. You cried when your favourite ballroom dancer broke the heart of sweet little Amy. *Did anyone see that coming??!!
15. And finally, you’re holding back from getting involved in twitter chat on #LoveIsland. But sometimes a little tweet pops out without you thinking… and you silently pray that it will NEVER EVER be read out in public on the show.