It’s #Friday…. yaaaahooo! And that can only mean one thing here on the Buttons blog. It’s time to introduce you to another blogger! Think secret blog tips, posting styles and the all important mermaid or unicorn question!
Introducing the gorgeous Carla from MyBump2Baby!
MyBump2Baby is only 18 months old! *Mouth drops open. Carla has done so much in such a short space of time, but the thing that I love most about her blog is how candid she is in her writing. There really isn’t anything better than writing from the heart, and this can be seen in spade fulls over on MyBump2Baby.
Inspire Me MyBump2Baby
Quick fire questions are so much fun but can also tell us so much about how someone thinks. Let’s see how Carla got on.
- Tea or Coffee? Coffee is needed – I may not love it as much as tea but I can’t function without it.
- Cake or Biscuits? Ooo hard one can I say both? Basically, if it has icing then definitely cake if it doesn’t then I will go for biscuits.
- Cats or Dogs? I have a cat and I really want to say dog but I feel I am being nasty on my cat so I will just say cat!!!
- Lefty or Righty? Lefty.
- Early bird or Night owl? Night Owl
- Facebook or Twitter? I love being able to rant on Twitter without family and friends seeing it haha!!
- Blogger, Vlogger or both? Blogger and I do want to do more Vlogs but I say “erm” way too many times.
- Beach Hut or Log Cabin? Beach hut 100%.
- Unicorns of Mermaids? Mermaids.
Beach huts and mermaids? Now we’re talking!
1. How long have you been blogging for and what inspired you to give it a go?
I have been blogging for 18 months now – I absolutely love it. The reason I started blogging was to share information about my traumatic pregnancy and my sons premature birth but then I realised I like writing so I started writing about everything.
2. Think back to when you first started blogging, what if anything has changed the most?
I blog for and own MyBump2Baby which is now the UK’s fastest growing baby, toddler and family directory. The website has grown massively. We now have 6,000 listings of the classes, groups and businesses and we have just launched our app.
3. Are you a pen and paper or straight to the screen type of writer?
I am all for pen and paper – takes me twice as long but I love writing with a pen!
4. Where and when do you do most of your writing?
I often do most of my blog posts on the go, I have so much work to do on the MyBump2Baby directory in my working hours that my best blogs have come from a delayed appointment at the dentist or doctors. I have to keep booking appointments to write my blog posts – it is my only chance!
5. How often do you write and what type of things inspire your blog posts?
I wish I could write more – I really do. Writing is my therapy, I write once a week usually which really isn’t enough. I am inspired by real life events like my latest post “how to survive a soft play area” that was inspired by me worrying about my life in a soft play area haha.
6. Have you ever had a major case of writers block, if so, how did you overcome it?
Now you must be a mind reader as this is my current situation – When this happens I often Google “100 blog post ideas” and pick one from there but I think I have used them all!
7. Complete one or both of the following sentences. A) Bloggers rock because… B) I am a super blogger because…
Bloggers rock because they are hardworking, can multi-task and often write awesome posts. I am a super blogger because I love reading and sharing other peoples blogs, we have just launched a newly revamped version of our app where you can read and favourite your best bloggers which means that you receive a push notification whenever they post – BEST FEATURE EVER!!!
8. Name 3 bloggers who inspire you?
There are loads but if I had to pick 3 then they would be;
9. What is the best piece of blogging advice that you have been given?
Picture your perfect audience as one person (mine is Laura from Kent who has a young toddler just trying to cope with motherhood), don’t try and please other people by writing blogs you aren’t interested in as it will show through your posts.
10. Share your own top blogging tip, advice or quote.
Help other bloggers as much as you can, I love reading, sharing and helping other bloggers. It is just a shame that some bloggers don’t feel the same but they will be the ones that are unsuccessful in the end.
INSPIRE ME GUEST SERIES
The Inspire Me guest series is back! It will be featuring some of my favourite bloggers. From the queen bee’s themselves, to the much newer bloggers on the scene. All have that elusive something that you can’t quite put your finger on that makes them stand out from the crowd! Here are some of my favourite interviews… enjoy!
An interview with Dawn from Rhyming With Wine
An interview with Vicky from Millie’s Beach Huts
An interview with Heather from Shank You Very Much