It’s time to introduce you to another brilliant blogger! This lovely lady is my first health, food and lifestyle guest, so I’ve been really excited to share her interview with you all.
Pure Nourish is a new find for me *how did I not see you before! I love how down to earth Latoya comes across in her writing. So much so, that it always feels like we’re having a good old catch up when I pop over to see what’s new on her blog.
Inspire Me Pure Nourish
Quick fire questions are so much fun but can also tell us so much about how someone thinks. Let’s see how Latoya got on.
- Tea or Coffee? Tea.
- Cake or Biscuits? Cake.
- Cats or Dogs? Dogs.
- Lefty or Righty? Righty.
- Early bird or Night owl? Early bird.
- Facebook or Twitter? Twitter.
- Blogger, Vlogger or both? Blogger.
- Beach Hut or Log Cabin? Log cabin.
- Unicorns of Mermaids? Mermaids.
We have so much in common Latoya!
1. How long have you been blogging for and what inspired you to give it a go?
I have been blogging for 3 years. I initially started blogging to keep myself accountable with living a healthier lifestyle, I started getting contacted by brands quite quickly with offers of collaborations, so decided to invest more time into my blog.
2. Think back to when you first started blogging, what if anything has changed the most?
My blog was very nutrition focused and was called Eltie Nutrition. I have since rebranded into more a lifestyle blog with a big focus on parenting and self-care. My blog has grown with me and my photography skills have improved (thank goodness).
3. Are you a pen and paper or straight to the screen type of writer?
I always plan my blog posts in my journal, but more bullet points for topics rather than full posts.
4. Where and when do you do most of your writing?
I work well early in the morning, so I will sometimes get up an hour early to write. Monday mornings are usually spent in Starbucks planning my blog posts and social media posts for the week ahead.
5. How often do you write and what type of things inspire your blog posts?
I don’t have a strict routine, sometimes I will have 4 blog posts up in a week and some weeks there will be none, but I always post on Instagram 2-3 times a day.
6. Have you ever had a major case of writers block, if so, how did you overcome it?
Yes, normally during a stressful period. I overcome it by having a digital detox, by this I mean taking a day or a few days away from social media. I also find that sleeping well and getting outside helps.
7. Complete one or both of the following sentences. A) Bloggers rock because… B) I am a super blogger because…
All bloggers rock because we juggle writing, photography, marketing, PR and everyday lives all at once.
8. Name 3 bloggers who inspire you?
Dr Hazel Wallace from The Food Medic, because of her no-nonsense approach to fitness and lifestyle, Zanna van Dijk for being a total badass with her approach to living a more sustainable lifestyle, and Patricia Bright as her content is always stunning.
9. What is the best piece of blogging advice that you have been given?
Don’t compare your journey to anyone else’s. This is easier said than done, but it’s important to find your passion and focus your blog on that rather than worrying about what everyone else is doing.
10. Share your own top blogging tip, advice or quote.
Always have integrity and be polite. I try to be 100% relatable by sharing the ups and downs and my followers always react well to my honest posts on anxiety. I want to be someone who people can relate to, or like your best friend online. It’s also important to reply to DMs and support those who are supporting you.
JUST FOR FUN, THIS IS ME!
INSPIRE ME GUEST SERIES
The Inspire Me guest series is back! It will be featuring some of my favourite bloggers. From the queen bee’s themselves, to the much newer bloggers on the scene. All have that elusive something that you can’t quite put your finger on that makes them stand out from the crowd! Here are some of my favourite interviews… enjoy!
An interview with Dawn from Rhyming With Wine
An interview with Vicky from Millie’s Beach Huts
An interview with Heather from Shank You Very Much