After a bit of break, I’m so excited to tell you that the Inspire Me Guest Series is back for another stint. #Yay. We’ve got plenty of bloggers lined up over the coming weeks… so if you’re not a bit nosey like me *coughs, you’ll want to be popping back here every Friday to see who’s next!
This week I’m super excited to introduce Amy from All About A Mummy!
All About A Mummy is a relatively new blog find for me, but I’m already hooked into Amy’s little slice of the blogosphere. She keeps things real, and offers readers a little snapshot of life as a creative mum to 2 gorgeous little girls. *Have a peek at her grown-ups book reviews… there are so many!
Inspire Me All About A Mummy
Quick fire questions are so much fun but can also tell us so much about how someone thinks. Let’s see how Amy got on.
- Tea or Coffee? Tea
- Cake or Biscuits? Neither – Chocolate!
- Cats or Dogs? Dogs
- Lefty or Righty? Righty
- Early bird or Night owl? Night Owl
- Facebook or Twitter? Facebook
- Blogger, Vlogger or both? Blogger
- Beach Hut or Log Cabin? Log Cabin
- Unicorns of Mermaids? Unicorns
Ahhhhh you see! Now why didn’t I think of chocolate?! Good choice Amy.
1. How long have you been blogging for and what inspired you to give it a go?
I started blogging when I was 20wks pregnant with my second child. I was battling to get an elective C section after a traumatic first delivery and was incredibly anxious and stressed. My blog began as a pregnancy diary giving me somewhere to vent my emotions and grew from there.
2. Think back to when you first started blogging, what if anything has changed the most?
Pictures! I look back now and my posts had barely any pictures! Just diary style text entries. My blog is far more colourful now and the subject matter is far more varied – more lifestyle now than parenting.
3. Are you a pen and paper or straight to the screen type of writer?
I jump straight in and write on screen. If I’m writing a big review piece I may scribble down a structure but all the words are typed. I also have an app on my phone so I can draft posts on the go.
4. Where and when do you do most of your writing?
I write a lot during the day during school hours. I work from home so I juggling my blog around my clients and commitments.
5. How often do you write and what type of things inspire your blog posts?
I try and post 3 times a week. I love writing about my passions, so cooking and reading are high up there. Lately I have been focusing on meal planning to help keep me on track.
6. Have you ever had a major case of writers block, if so, how did you overcome it?
I’ve certainly had periods of low activity on the blog. I don’t like to force it. I need to feel in the zone and if I’m not then I don’t. Usually if I’m stuck I write a book review because I’m constantly reading.
7. Complete one or both of the following sentences. A) Bloggers rock because… B) I am a super blogger because…
Blogger rock because we can write what we like, when we like and have complete control of our words.
8. Name 3 bloggers who inspire you?
Emily from A Mummy Too
Laura from 5 Little Doves
Chantelle from Mama Mummy Mum
9. What is the best piece of blogging advice that you have been given?
Know your worth – It is very easy to get taken for a ride and you can end up investing a lot of time and energy for very little reward. I’m far more picky about who I collaborate and work with now than I was in the early days.
10. Share your own top blogging tip, advice or quote.
Make sure it is always fun. The second you start resenting it or it feels like work step back and think why you started in the first place and bring back those goals.
Just for fun, this is me!
INSPIRE ME GUEST SERIES
The Inspire Me guest series is back! It will be featuring some of my favourite bloggers. From the queen bee’s themselves, to the much newer bloggers on the scene. All have that elusive something that you can’t quite put your finger on that makes them stand out from the crowd! Here are some of my favourite interviews… enjoy!
An interview with Vicki from An Honest Mum
An interview with Vicky from Millie’s Beach Huts
An interview with Heather from Shank You Very Much