This week on the Inspire Me guest series we have the super talented Ruth from Craft with Cartwright.
The thing that I love about Craft with Cartwright is that it’s packed full of really gorgeous ‘how to’ posts which you can actually put into action yourself. Ruth is very visual with all her posts, so everything is a bit of a feast on the eyes. A bit like popping into a sweet shop! And of course having such detailed imagery means easy following for any of her tutorials. Over to you Ruth!
Inspire Me Craft With Cartwright
Quick fire questions are so much fun but can also tell us so much about how someone thinks. Let’s see how Ruth got on.
- Tea or Coffee? Tea.
- Cake or Biscuits? Cake (gluten free).
- Cats or Dogs? Cats.
- Lefty or Righty? Righty.
- Early bird or Night owl? Early Bird.
- Facebook or Twitter? Twitter.
- Blogger, Vlogger or both? Blogger.
- Beach Hut or Log Cabin? Beach Hut.
- Unicorns of Mermaids? Mermaids.
1. How long have you been blogging for and what inspired you to give it a go?
I’ve been blogging for 2011. I was unhappy at work and was looking for a creative outlet. Something I could perhaps share with my three year old son. It was rubbish to start with and I never got any views but I enjoyed writing it.
2. Think back to when you first started blogging, what if anything has changed the most?
Lots more people blog these days and I find it less embarrassing to talk about what I do when I’m not teaching. I even share it with my family now which I would never have, had the confidence to do when I first started.
3. Are you a pen and paper or straight to the screen type of writer?
I write lots of notes. I have a planner which I outline ideas on a day to day basis, but the main bulk of my idea goes straight onto the screen.
4. Where and when do you do most of your writing?
write in my tiny study on my days off from teaching. Which means I get about two full days of writing a week. In the holidays, I don’t work when the children are at home, so I work in the evenings. Ignoring the hubby!
5. How often do you write and what type of things inspire your blog posts?
I try to stick to my schedule which is three posts a week, but I have been known to write every day. I am a creative bod, being a food and nutrition and textiles teacher. I love to share what I know or about the new skills I’ve learnt. Plus I write about things at home. A real mix of stuff.
6. Have you ever had a major case of writers block, if so, how did you overcome it?
I have had lulls of motivation but never really writers block. I read magazines and other blogs. Think about learning something new and this often reinvigorates my love to share these things.
7. Complete one or both of the following sentences. A) Bloggers rock because… B) I am a super blogger because…
Bloggers rock because they are the most driven and self motivated people I have met.
I am a super blogger because I can type and entertain two children at the same time!
8. Name 3 bloggers who inspire you?
9. What is the best piece of blogging advice that you have been given?
Write about what you love, then you’ll find your voice. Don’t copy others.
10. Share your own top blogging tip, advice or quote.
Go self hosted as soon as possible. I didn’t do this for a long time and it was a massive hassle when I finally did.
JUST FOR FUN, THIS IS ME!
INSPIRE ME GUEST SERIES
The Inspire Me guest series is back! It will be featuring some of my favourite bloggers. From the queen bee’s themselves, to the much newer bloggers on the scene. All have that elusive something that you can’t quite put your finger on that makes them stand out from the crowd! Here are some of my favourite interviews… enjoy!
An interview with Chloe from Life Unexpected
An interview with Vicky from Millie’s Beach Huts
An interview with Heather from Shank You Very Much